Rachel Gearhart

Chart of the Week: Can You Afford Retirement?

by Rachel Gearhart

It’s recommended that workers shoot for a retirement income of at least 70% of their pre-retirement income. Yet on average, retiree households in the United States are living on only $37,847 a year. According to an Interest.com study of 2013 Census Bureau data, that’s only 60% of the annual income of 45- to 64-year-olds. Read On…

Chart of the Week: Are You a 1 Percenter?

by Rachel Gearhart

If the Occupy Wall Street movement has taught us anything, it’s that there’s a lot of controversy surrounding the polarization of wealth. But how much distance (or “cha-ching”) is there really between the top 1% and remaining 99% of earners in your state? Read On…