Commodities Specialist, Investment U
Matt is the managing editor of The Oxford Insight, The Ultimate Income Letter and editor of The Advanced IU Course with Dr. Scott Brown.
For the past decade, Matt’s main focus has been the oil and gas sector, learning the nuts and bolts from the wellhead on up. He’s also worked extensively on other commodity markets, with particular interest paid to precious and base metals, and agricultural products like corn, coffee, sugar and soybeans. His professional experience includes financial and risk analysis, emerging markets, business-to-business credit and corporate bankruptcies. This knowledge enables him to take a true bottom-up approach to investing and use market volatility as an advantage.
You can view previous articles by Matthew Carr below, or explore the Investment U archives.
- The Most Profitable Gold Play of 2013
- Earn Up to 30.31% Annually With This Simple Strategy
- American Silver Eagles: Demand So High the Mint Ran Out
- The World’s Most Unstoppable Trend
- Stock Market Forecast for 2013
- The Doomsday "Preppers" Portfolio
- 2012 Gold Price Forecast: Where We Are and Where We're Going
- How an Investment Portfolio of 9 Rappers Beat the Market
- How to Profit from LNG No Matter What the U.S. Does
- Invest in African Oil with Kosmos Energy (NYSE: KOS)
- Value Investing in Europe with Ensco (NYSE: ESV)
- Investing in Iraqi Oil
- Let Wall Street Drop... It's Time to Go Shopping
- Why These Gold Mining Stocks Could Soar
- Winter Strikes Help Boost This Metal's Price