Marc is a senior analyst at Investment U. His investment career started out at the trading desk of Carlin Equities in San Francisco, CA, where he executed dozens of trades each day for his clients.
Throughout his career, Marc has outperformed the S&P 500 and the S&P Healthcare Index by a wide margin.
As a Senior Analyst with Avalon Research Group, his buy recommendation gained 17.8% versus the S&P 500′s 5.9%. While there, Marc started and headed the technical research products division, in addition to his fundamental duties.
Marc also looked at the market with a journalist’s skeptical eye as a columnist for The Street, where he broke several stories on companies in the biotech sector. His contrarian recommendations (including shorts) gained 12.6% annualized versus the S&P 500′s gain of 0.5%.
Marc has been published in the online version of The Wall Street Journal, The Street and was featured on NPR’s “The Story.”
Most Recent Articles:
Marc Lichtenfeld’s investment newsletters and trading services:
- Editor, FirstLine Investor Alert
- Editor, The Oxford Systems Trader
- Editor, The Ultimate Income Letter
More from Marc Lichtenfeld
What was the first dollar you ever earned?
Shoveling snow when I was 9.
What’s been the most satisfying dollar (or dollars) you’ve ever earned?
It’s a tie. There was the $300 I made buying my first stock, when I was 22 – I bought 50 shares of Harley Davidson at $18 and sold it a short time later at $24. I thought this stock market stuff was going to be easy. The other one was being paid by Don King to ring announce one of his shows.
What’s your favorite way to make money?
Finding stocks that Wall Street has not yet discovered or misunderstands is one of my favorites.
What’s the best investment advice you’ve given or ever heard?
Zig when others zag.
You can view previous articles by Marc Lichtenfeld below, or explore the Investment U archives.
- Final Exam: Turn $10K Into $944,806
- Goodbye to a Great Teacher
- Thoughts from Israel
- Beat the Market
- Protect Yourself From Gold
- Bond Bubble and the Great Rotation
- My First Three Steps Toward Financial Freedom
- Three Simple Moves to Resurrect Your Portfolio
- Is This the Mila Kunis Top?
- Make 13.2% in the Next Bear Market
- Make Money Off My Misery
- The Picks and Shovels (and Levi’s) of Biotech
- PDUFA Dates: How to Find One Day Gains of Up to 74%
- The Business of Fighting Cancer
- 5 Rules for Speculating in Biotech