Marc Lichtenfeld became the Club’s Chief Income Strategist in 2012. Prior to that, he was the Club’s Senior Analyst and Healthcare Expert. Marc is the Senior Editor of The Oxford Income Letter, as well as the Editor of Oxford Systems Trader, Dividend Multiplier and Lightning Trend Trader.
Marc has worked as a trader, senior analyst and fund manager, outperforming the S&P 500 and the S&P Healthcare Index by a wide margin. Marc also looked at the market with a journalist’s eye as a columnist for The Street, where he broke several stories on companies in the biotech sector. His contrarian recommendations (including shorts) gained 12.6% annualized versus the S&P 500′s gain of 0.5%. He also published a best-selling book: Get Rich With Dividends: A Proven System for Earning Double-Digit Returns.
Marc's Investment Beginnings
What was the first dollar you ever earned?
Shoveling snow when I was 9.
What's been the most satisfying dollar (or dollars) you've ever earned?
It's a tie. There was the $300 I made buying my first stock, when I was 22 – I bought 50 shares of Harley Davidson at $18 and sold it a short time later at $24. I thought this stock market stuff was going to be easy. The other one was being paid by Don King to ring announce one of his shows.
What's your favorite way to make money?
Finding stocks that Wall Street has not yet discovered or misunderstands is one of my favorites.
What's the best investment advice you've given or ever heard?
Zig when others zag.
Most Recent Articles:
Marc's Investment Newsletters and Trading Services:
- Editor, Healthcare Profits Alert
- Editor, The Oxford Systems Trader
- Editor, Dividend Multiplier
- Senior Editor, The Oxford Income Letter
You can view previous articles by Marc Lichtenfeld below, or explore the Investment U archives.
- My Advice for the “Coming Crash”
- Five Steps to Lower Your Taxes in 2014
- The Three People to Ignore
- From the Mailbag: The Bubble That Wasn’t
- From the Mailbag: When Not to Use Trailing Stops
- My (Future) Life of Leisure
- The Secret to Picking Biotech Stocks
- From the Mailbag: Should You Dump Small Caps?
- From the Mailbag: Is It Time to Panic?
- Is This Market Tanking?