At Investment U, we believe in transparency, honesty and accountability. We’re on a mission to help everyday individuals learn to protect their portfolios, while making smarter investment decisions every day.
We have developed this FAQ section in the hope of providing insight into our business model, products and communications.
- What is Investment U? What is Investment U Daily?
- What Does Investment U Offer?
- What does it cost to sign up? How can it be free?
- How InvestmentU Works?
- Why choose Investment U over someone else?
- How often will I receive Investment U Daily?
- What else will I receive as part of my subscription to IU Daily?
- What are the Principles of Investment U?
- How do you conduct your research? Are you a licensed advisor?
- Do you invest in any of the companies you mention? Do you disclose your premium recommendations?
- How do I contact an IU staff member with any questions?
- What are the Risks?
- Advertisments on Investment U
- Everbank Disclaimer
Founded in 1999, Investment U is one of the first independent, free financial education websites of its kind. Investment U provides cutting-edge research and strategic financial recommendations for all levels of investors through its morning publication Investment U Daily and its related publications. Every day we reach more than 250,000 unique readers, providing insight and recommendations based on timeless and proven principles for smart investing.
Investment U remains committed to a range of “market-neutral” and “asset-allocated” investment strategies. These include momentum investing, maximizing income, tax-advantaged investing, following insider buying, investing in energy and resources, emerging markets, and investing in biotech and health care technologies. We believe that these strategies will continue to educate and make you a better investor over time, and we remain dedicated to providing continuous guidance through our daily publications.
Investment U Daily, our newsletter published six times per week. The newsletter offers innovative analysis, our experts’ timely views and recommendations for the markets, and regular one-on-one interviews with some of the top executives and investors in the financial markets.
Although its team has decades of experience in the financial markets, Investment U does not provide personal investment advice, brokerage services or manage money.
Investment U provides a wealth of free and paid research to help individuals make intelligent investment decisions. Our free publications include:
- Investment U Daily, our newsletter published six times per week. The newsletter offers innovative analysis, our experts’ timely views and recommendations for the markets, and regular one-on-one interviews with some of the top executives and investors in the financial markets.
- Investment U Research provides daily market analysis of major trends and companies making headlines all over the world.
- Sunday Market Wrap Up video includes major headlines for the week and unbridled suggestions on where you should be focusing your attention in the months ahead.
In addition to the free newsletter, we also produce a series of premium paid products, including:
- The Investment U Course – Our exclusive investment course
- Secrets of the Masters – Our guidebook to the best ideas from some of the world’s legendary investors
All of these premium tools are designed to provide you with access to ease-to-use, intelligent recommendations and analysis that you will find at no other price anywhere.
It is completely free to sign up for our daily newsletter which will be delivered to your email box each morning. In addition, the site features regular market commentary and analysis from a team of investment professionals.
We are able to provide our free publications in exchange for your willingness to receive regular supplemental emails promoting our products and products from outside vendors.
In addition, we make money by selling our premium products, such as the Investment U Course and Secrets of the Masters.
How Investment U Works:
- You come to InvestmentU.Com for the latest information on the markets every day.
- You’re welcome to sign up for our free daily newsletter, Investment U Daily, at any time.
- From there, you’ll receive our daily market commentary and analysis in the form of Investment U Daily.
- The daily issue provides not only news, but in-depth analysis of the news… along with a “take away” you can apply in your own investing.
- We encourage you to read and respond to our experts’ opinions. At the end of each article is a link inviting your response, which will be published as quickly as possible. We cannot comment directly to your responses, as this could be construed as personalized investment advice.
- Occasionally we will forward along special opportunities, in the form of videos, promotions and reports. Sales from these products allow us to publish Investment U Daily for free. But you are never under any obligation to buy anything.
- Should you ever wish to discontinue your subscription, every issue provides an “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom. Simply click on it and your name will be removed from our subscription list immediately.
- Otherwise, you’re free to enjoy Investment U and Investment U Daily for as long as you like, free of charge. Happy investing!
Why choose Investment U over someone else?
Great research leads to great investment opportunities. That is why Investment U aims to provide you with contrarian investment ideas during uncertain market times. While we encourage you to use every resource available to you in order to make critical investment decisions, it is our goal to educate you as you strive toward goals of financial independence.
At Investment U, we rely on successful, time-tested investment principles that will help you reduce your investment risk and help you build wealth despite market volatility. It is an education you will find nowhere else… And we have the record of accomplishment to prove it, based on our loyal subscribers. Investment U is one of the first independent, free financial education websites of its kind. With more than 250,000 unique readers every day, our free subscribers trust our insight and recommendations. You can take confidence in knowing that our proven strategies are helping hundreds of thousands of people every day in order to help them achieve their financial goals.
We do not discourage our readers to use other sources in order to make their investment decisions. It is critical that investors speak with their financial advisors in order to understand the risks and to decide if each investment idea is for you.
By joining Investment U, you receive unparalleled daily investment research absolutely free. You will also gain access to a wealth of additional free resources that will make you a smarter, more informed investor. These resources include:
- Access to our Investment Reports archives, featuring valuable investment advice, research and tips covering a broad range of topics.
- Access the complete archive of Investment U e-Letters where you’ll find over 1,000 unique investing articles from 2002 through today.
- Unrestricted access to the Investment Video Archive. Twice weekly, this video e-mail broadcast provides a comprehensive look at developments in the market. Join host Steve McDonald as he sits down with top insiders to discuss today’s most relevant investment topics
- Access to the Investment U Book Store to see what the experts are reading.
- Regular discounts to our premium products including Investment U Daily Premium and special invitations to our annual investor symposia.
- Access to online, discount or full-service brokers on our Brokers Resource List.
What are the Principles of Investment U?
At Investment U, we want to reveal new investment opportunities to you – every day.
But more than that, we want you to understand that all of our ideas are rooted in timeless investing principles.
Our 7 Timeless Principles of Investing can be found here. They distinguish us from our competitors – no one else adheres to our same set of principles. Our grounding in such timeless and proven strategies also ensures that we’re not just telling you about the latest “fad” investment… or what’s “hot” right now.
Our goal is to provide timely investment ideas… but always ones rooted in our timeless principles.
1. YOU CANNOT ENTRUST WALL STREET WITH YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE:
Just about every broker on Wall Street has a motive. Our experts have seen the machine from the inside (which is why they left). And we hate to be blunt, but the typical broker’s first motive is not making you more money. Instead, he’s likely pushing that particular investment for other reasons. Perhaps he’s been told by management what stock the “house” likes that day… Management, in turn, is taking money from that same recommended company in the form of investment-banking fees! Let alone the insane fees, the insider trading, the continuous shell games… Bottom line: You can’t trust your financial future to these guys… or their pals in Washington.
2. DO IT YOURSELF, BUT DON’T GO IT ALONE:
Clearly, no government or Wall Street firm is going to save your retirement. You’ll have to do it yourself, to some degree. That thought might scare some people, but it doesn’t have to. In fact, we created Investment U to enlighten regular investors just like you. You’ll discover how simple it can be to: ensure against big losses, first and foremost; break free from Wall Street’s “gravity field” and outmaneuver the herd; identify what really makes stocks rise, based on a few simple numbers; create a balanced portfolio that will sustain you for the rest of your life. The key is our team of four brilliant analysts – and our fiercely independent perspective. We don’t cut deals with Wall Street or Washington. We are a completely free and independent business, and that affords us the luxury of serving ONLY our readers’ interests. Your journey to financial freedom starts right here, right now, with just a few simple guidelines…
3. ALWAYS MAINTAIN YOUR BALANCE:
Asset allocation. Investors are often surprised to learn that their most important investment decision is selecting the mix of assets to comprise their portfolio, not selecting the individual investments themselves. This is known as asset allocation. It is a strategy focused on how you divide your portfolio up among different uncorrelated assets like stocks and bonds.
4. NEVER LOSE YOUR SHIRT ON AN INVESTMENT – EVER:
Anyone can buy a stock. The real art of investing, however, is knowing when to sell. And trailing stops can nicely remove any guesswork. Such a strategy guarantees that your profits and principal are always protected. We typically recommend running a 25% trailing stop behind any position. And a 50% trailing stop on smaller-cap stocks.
5. ALWAYS FOCUS ON THE FUNDAMENTALS:
Forget timing the market. You don’t need to worry about what the Greek central bank is doing. While maintaining an awareness of world events and trends is important, it’s no way to make day-to-day investing decisions. Instead, focus on the investment in front of you, starting with the fundamentals. We put a premium on earnings… cash flow… balance sheets… product pipeline… supply-and-demand… sound management… and a company’s position in the market. We believe that share prices follow earnings, and that you should always understand the investment – and the risks – before plunking down your money.
6. CUT YOUR FEES AND EXPENSES TO THE BARE MINIMUM:
Incurring too many fees can be your portfolio’s silent killer. Given that, learning to invest your own money – and, in turn, erasing a big chunk of your fees – is a surefire way to better returns.
Investment U features a number of successful financial experts who have significant experience as investors and research professionals. Our research stems from decades of first-rate, hands-on experience. Investment U‘s panel of experts consists of bestselling financial authors and renowned economists, to top trading coaches, successful entrepreneurs, and “tenured” Wall Street veterans. Here’s a complete list of our contributors.
However, the company does not provide personal investment advice, brokerage services or manage money. You should contact your broker or investment advisor before making any financial decision based on the information provided to all subscribers.
- Nothing published by Investment U should be considered personalized investment advice. Writers and editors at Investment U are not licensed professionals. We plan neither to manage money nor to provide individual investment advice. Please note that no communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized investment advice.
- Speak with your broker about investment risks and gain a better understanding of the terminology before you make an investment. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation.
- Any investments recommended by Investment U should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.
- We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in their own securities recommendations. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation.
- Please remember that an investor’s success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation. As with any investment, there is no guarantee that you will earn any money. Investment U expressly forbids its writers from having a financial interest in their own securities recommendations. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended by Investment U should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.
Investment U: CustomerService@InvestmentUInfo.com
855.402.3939 | 410.864.2526 | 105 West Monument Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
Any investment contains an element of risk. There are some risks that an investor can control, and others they can only guard against. General economic factors, inflation, market value fluctuations, and general conservatism are all risks to every investment. It is important to make well-judged investments based on thorough research in order to minimize your risk. It is also important to speak with a financial advisor in order to better understand these risks and market terminology to help assist you in making better decisions for your long-term portfolio.
Advertisments on Investment U
InvestmentU.com is a financial-publishing oriented multimedia group providing market insight and analysis to individuals of all experience levels. Our publications are free but we financially benefit from any advertisements you read or click on while visiting our site. Nothing published by Investment U should be considered personalized investment advice.
EverBank is an FDIC insured federal savings association. The standard FDIC insurance amount of $250,000 is in effect through December 31, 2013. On January 1, 2014 the standard FDIC insurance amount will return to $100,000 per depositor for all account categories except IRAs and other certain retirement accounts, which will remain at $250,000 per depositor. FDIC insurance covers against loss due to the failure of the institution, but not fluctuations in currency values. Due to the nature and volatility of the foreign exchange market, the values of currencies are subject to wide fluctuations against the U.S. dollar and investments in foreign currency denominated instruments will entail significant risk exposure to adverse movements of the foreign currency relative to the U.S. dollar. The amount of deposit insurance available for funds denominated in foreign currency will be determined and paid in the United States dollar equivalent of the foreign currency on the institution’s date of default. As with all investments, you can lose money, including principal, due to currency fluctuations, over the term that you own it. Please only invest with money that you can afford to risk, and as part of a broadly diversified investment strategy.
EverBank is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC.
EverBank, the EverBank Infinity Sphere and EverBank logo are proprietary service marks of EverBank. © 2010 – Present – EverBank. All rights reserved.