Thank you for visiting Investment U. We encourage you to comment as much as you’d like. We consider you a part of our community and your comments add a refreshing viewpoint to our articles. Here are just a few rules of the road when it comes to leaving comments on our site. This comment policy went into place on March 17th, 2009. Comments posted prior to that date may or may not be screened based on these standards.
- Use common sense when posting a comment. You, and not us, are legally responsible for your comments.
- We premoderate your comment on this site. We reserve the right to ban you from posting comments if you repeatedly violate our comments policy.
- We will NEVER censor or edit the content of a comment, we will only edit obvious errors in the email or website provided.
- We will NEVER delete a comment or ban someone based on a point of view or your personal feelings towards our website or any of its editors.
- Please post on topic. If you have a question or response that is off topic please email us.
- Providing a contrary opinion is great… but comment in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. We take the “Be Polite” rule very seriously!
- Avoid foul language.
- Spammers will be deleted and banned. We reserve the right to determine what is spam. In general, however, if you are using comments as a forum to sell your products or services, you are spamming. If you want to advertise on our website, please contact us.
- Links to on-topic external sources are encouraged.
- It goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) that links to off-topic websites will be deleted.
- Promoting hate of any type will get you deleted and banned.
- Do not pretend to be someone you are not. For example, posting under our site name will get your comment deleted.
- Provide a valid e-mail address! It will never display anywhere on the live comment and will never be used by us or anyone else for anything other than a unique identifier to file your comment in our database.
A note on filtering: We filter all of our comments through the spam filter Akismet. Occasionally valid comments are thrown into the spam folder. Our apologies for that but it’s a necessary evil so we don’t have to moderate 10,000 pieces of spam each week. We do review our spam folder once a week for false positives.
If you have any additional questions, please leave a comment below.